lubricants oil

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Use of baby oil as lubricant in the delivery of a baby...is it safe?

lying-in delivery clinics in some remote parts of the Philippines use baby oil as lubricant during baby delivery, is this a safe practice?Use of baby oil as lubricant in the delivery of a baby...is it safe?
My doctor used mineral oil, I think. I don't know what's in baby oil.Use of baby oil as lubricant in the delivery of a baby...is it safe?
Why would you need a baby oil as a lubricant? I never had any lubricant during my deliveries, the baby's pretty lubed up already. There's no way I would let someone put baby oil on or in my hooha.
i wouldnt want it on, much less, in my vagina. i imagine it could cause some major problems or at least some kind of infection.
As long as it is pure mineral oil it should be perfectly safe. Mineral oil is drying to the tissue so it isn't the best choice, and baby oil tends to be scented which increases the odds of a reaction or yeast infection. Then again some sites recommend vitamin E oil which can be toxic in small doses if ingested by a baby.





http://pregnancychildbirth.suite101.com/鈥?/a>


http://www.babycenter.com/400_how-can-i-鈥?/a>


http://www.fensende.com/~swnymph/Preg2.h鈥?/a>
I wouldn't think so, babies have suffocated in baby oil before. But you are talking about countries that don't have access to a lot of the technology that we have, so there are a lot of practices they have that we would never think of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home